Hoisin Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless , skinless chicken thighs* ($5.59)
- pinch salt and pepper ($0.05)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce ($0.60)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce ($0.32)
- 1/3 cup honey ($0.64)
- 2 Tbsp hot water ($0)
- 1 tsp minced ginger ($0.10)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced ($0.32)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional) ($0.05)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for garnish (optional) ($0.22)
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, water, ginger, and garlic. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook the chicken on high for 3-4 hours, or low on low for 5-6 hours. Flip the chicken half-way through to make sure all of the chicken infuses with the sauce.
- To serve, spoon the chicken over a bed of rice(cauliflower rice if desired), drizzle the sauce from the slow cooker over top, then garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro (if desired).
Italian Meat Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb of 96/4 lean ground beef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Brown beef in a large skillet
- Once brown, add sauce
- Bring to a simmer on low
- Preheat oven to 425
- Half spaghetti squash and remove seeds
- Coat with spray olive oil, salt, pepper
- Bake in the oven, open face down for 40min or until soft enough to easily pierce with a knife.
Mexican Beef with Smoked Paprika Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb 94/6 lean ground beef
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 2tbsp chilli powder
- 1tbsp cummin
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
Brown ground beef in a large skillet
In a bowl add chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic and onion powder, add water to mix, stir into browned beef, bring to a simmer.
Preheat oven to 425
Slice 2-3 large sweet potatoes into 1inch cubes
Coat with spray olive oil, salt pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder.
- Bake for 25min or until tender